Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore is seeking a full-time AmeriCorps member for the 2022-2023 service year. JAES is dedicated to providing possibility and powering potential for students, grades K-12, on the Eastern Shore. As liaisons between business and education, we immerse ourselves in local business industries, identify the needs, and develop innovative curriculum that is brought to life by volunteers. We teach concepts that equip and inspire our students to live within their means, build wealth, identify fulfilling career pathways, and explore entrepreneurial thinking.
• Assist with volunteer recruitment and retention
• Support staff with running events
• Teach programs in the schools
• Support for the Inspire career fair
• Various office tasks
• Have a strong interest in serving the community
• Be able to relate to diverse populations
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Able to provide copy of either high school diploma, GED, or college transcript
• Have reliable transportation
• Be available to attend the tuition-free, AmeriCorps class at Salisbury University bi-weekly during the Fall and Spring semesters.
• Must successfully pass a comprehensive Criminal History Check, which includes FBI fingerprinting
• Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident alien
• Applicants DO NOT need to be college students, anyone from the community who fits the above requirements may participate.
This position is offered through a partnership with ShoreCorps, the AmeriCorps program at Salisbury University. It is contingent upon federal funding and approval of the AmeriCorps office.
To fill out an application, visit www.salisbury.edu/americorps and click on ‘Become a Member’ and then ‘Fill out an application.’