Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore seeks a motivated individual to support the mission-critical, behind-the-scenes work of the organization, contributing to fundraising and day-to-day development operations. Candidates should be familiar with databases, comfortable with other office technology, organized, detail-oriented, and passionate about providing students with the information they need to be successful members of our community.
- Minimum 2 years experience in an administrative, development, or operations position preferred
- Nonprofit experience as an employee, board member, or volunteer preferred
- Basic understanding of nonprofit fundraising principles
- Database experience
- Proficient in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently while developing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, donors, volunteers, and the general public
- Ability to multi-task and shift focus quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills
- High standards for quality work
- Personable demeanor and excellent customer service orientation
- Sound decision-making ability